Thursday, July 10, 2008

She better call me back today!

I called Travis' Mom last night, and we talked for about 30 minutes. I told her about the wedding, details and such that guys don't bother to mention. She asked what we needed, and what people could buy us and such. We don't really have any room left in our apartment for anything else. She thought it would be best if we go out to dinner. But if all of my family gets to come that I want to come, it'll be close to 35 people. If every one's dinner costs about $15, that's $525 for food. But Travis and I were talking, and we really wanted to have our party, because you can't really mingle at a restaurant. So I called our office manager, and asked if we could set up a tent in the grass across from our building. I said we were going to have dinner, and would be done by 10 or so. She said she would have to call the Main Office and ask, and said something about liability. I STILL NOT HAVE HEARD BACK FROM HER!! I called her at 11:30 this morning. So I'm praying that she says yes. It's a party for our wedding, that's happening once. We pay RENT every month, so if we want to have our damn party, then let us. I think it would be cheaper then too, if we possibly bought new tents, cus the cheapest I found one for was $285 for a 20x30 foot. Then we could rent tables and chairs. We would have an extension cord ran down from OUR apartment, and if anyone had to use the restroom, then they could use ours. If they get hot, go upstairs and cool off. We're hoping there's no hurricane then and it's not raining, because then nothing would go as planned! I will be so happy when we don't have to worry about our damn rehearsal dinner anymore!

1 comments:

JB said...

Good luck! Everything will work out fine!