Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I don't understand...

Back on June 1, we got a new health insurance company, United Health Care. I choose the Choice Plan, which costs me $25 a week. It was the cheaper plan, but when you only bring home $325 a week now (damn pay cut) that's a lot of money. My out-of-pocket deductible is $5000 and I also had a Hospital Indemnity Plan that gives me money for being admitted to the hospital. I didn't get my $3600 for being admitted, only $720. Between my room and board, my CAT Scan, and Emergency Room procedures, I meet my deductible. I got a bill from the ER doctor, and he's no longer on my claims statement. I shouldn't have to pay anything else to anyone since my deductible is now met. So I'm going to be calling today about all this crap and try to figure some of it out.
I starting to wonder if my accident being in New York and everything being out of network, I think they might try to screw us over. It'll also probably cost a little more being out-of-network, but what are you supposed to do if your not near your network.
This crap is confusing as hell.

1 comments:

JB said...

I'm sorry, that sucks!
I hope you can get it all straightened out smoothly!

I don't know what I'm gonna do when Kevin gets out of the Army about health care. UGH