Monday, February 22, 2010

Update

It's been a while, and a lot has been going on.

My real mom's father died a week ago. I don't remember her, she died 20 years ago, but I did know him. He was 84 years old, his birthday was 12/25/25,  lived in Macclenny, and was an Ordane Minister for 46 years. From what I understand, he had a kidney taken out a few months ago for cancer, and when they did it spread like wildfire. He fell at the end of January and broke his leg. So they put him in the hospital and put a plate on it to fix it. I guess when this happened, they found out that the cancer had spread to his bones. They found out on February 13, and he died in his sleep on February 15.  His viewing was Wednesday night, and the funeral was on Thursday. He is buried next to Rosemary (our real mom), and we got to see her grave. It makes you wonder how different everyone's lives would have been if she had lived. She was murdered, and they never found out who did it.

Travis got the job he went on the interview for. His last day was Friday, Feb. 12, and he got a job on Monday, Feb. 15. Thank goodness. That was a big stree reliever on both of us. He'll get $16.00 and will be paid by the job. He's a little wary of that, but I guess in the end you can make more money.
He took 2 weeks off, to get things done around the house. Over the weekend, he added a 7 foot parking pad onto the driveway, and  I organized most of my closets, I have our's left, which I'll do tonight. He's hoping to get a new fence this week, and hopefully finish painting in the pet's bedroom.

My job has been doing more layoffs. We let go of someone in our office on Friday for the past 2 weeks, and Friday is the last day for another one. We have no work, and our Overhead is to high (I'm not quite sure what that means) so their laying people off. I think I'm safe only because I answer the phone. This company is going under because people do not answer their phone calls. I put at least 30 phone calls a day to Voicemail.

So, I'm looking into taking the CNA Class that Jessie took to get her license. They have one this weekend, which I'm hoping I can get into. I'm 25, will be 26 in 6 months, and I need to have a career. So once I get my foot in the door as a CNA, then I'm going to look into going back to school to be X-Ray Technician. It's a good job, makes decent money, and your still helping people, just not taking care of them. Fingers Crossed!

Here is hoping for a good week!

1 comments:

JB said...

good luck with the career move!